Saturday, June 22, 2013

Because two wishes are better than one!





 


Hello peeps! Just a brief post to show you something new I made recently. Here are my 'Make a wish' earrings, made with hand blown glass orbs, stuffed full of delicate little wishes and accented with glorious gold toned brass and sparkly Czech glass bits! 

I have been dying to make these for ages, so I didn't waste a minute when my supplies arrived on getting started, and I had lots of fun taking the photos too as I got to play around with back-lighting which I LOVE! The beautiful jointed doll is actually a Japanese 1970s replica of a popular Victorian design, isn't she lovely!?

I am looking into making a silver version of these too, so if you would like a pair instead of the gold, please get in contact and I can make sure you get a pair from the batch I do!

They are now available to buy in my Etsy shop. 


 



 
 I also finished the latest addition to my Language of Flowers collection! This is my 'Never Forget' botanical specimen necklace, made with delicately woven little preserved  strands of real dried Forgetmenots encased in an elegant glass vial!

I've always had a thing for Forgetmenots, they have a strange charm all of their own, perhaps due to their symbolic meaning as a flower of remembrance, romantic tragedy, true love and fidelity.

If you are so inclined, this strange and beautiful piece is available to buy here.

Anyway, I hope you're all having lovely weekends where ever you are! It's blustery and grey here, so I'm going to spend today working and catching up on my cat cuddles!

Photobucket

1 comment: